Well here is an update!
Chris found a car yesterday, so hopefully by the end of the day we will be mobile!!! It is a 2000 BMW with 5 speed manual transmission. I haven't seen it yet, but Chris said it is nice.
We move into the house on Monday. I am really excited. We will have to borrow furniture from the base, as ours isn't here yet. In fact, our unaccompanied baggage isn't here yet, either. I hope that comes soon since we are still living out of what we could fit in our suitcases.
The village we are moving to is called Kyllburg. We drove through the town on Sunday, and it was beautiful. The entire village is built in a rolling valley with a river (the Kyll) that runs through it. There are a couple grocery stores, kindergartens and restaurants. Many of the villages are more like subdivisions and don't offer such amenities, so I am happy that the town offers so much. We spoke with the internet company in town and high speed is available at the house. The only problem is that in these small villages, there are only a certain number of DSL ports. Hopefully there is one available when we move in. We will just have to wait and see.
Tim is doing well in school. He will finish up elementary school here in Spangdahlem, but will transfer to Bitburg for middle school. He seems ok with this, though it means the children he has met won't live in our village. I will keep him active in the summer programs offered on base, so hopefully he will meet some new kids and see some of his former classmates over the summer.
The girls are doing well. We have been going to a preschool playgroup and have met some really nice people there. We are going to a group called "Creative Critters" today, and if I finish my driving test in time, will go to the Library group tomorrow. The weather has been wonderful since Saturday, so we have been enjoying the many parks on base. We have been to 5 different parks, and there are many we haven't made it to yet! After we move to Kyllburg, we will continue to visit the base for all it has to offer. It is only 10 minutes from the house, and it is an easy drive (straight shot to the main road, I don't need to drive through the lovely hills and curves of the village to get there :) ).
Not much else to report yet. We are just plugging along, getting settled in. We have a number of items on our to do list yet, but we are moving right along.
No comments:
Post a Comment